Last year, I set some goals for myself and it worked out pretty well, so I’m going to do the same this year!
First, a look at 2014’s goals (so I feel a greater sense of accomplishment and will be motivated to keep up with this year’s new goals):
- Get my Japanese Driver’s License (assuming I’m qualified for conversion) – Not applicable. I qualified only after returning from my trip to Singapore in December and immediately went to apply for it (read horrendous story here and here).
- Learn to fluently read hangul before we go Korea – CHECK!
- Go Korea – CHECK!
- Take wedding photos (haven’t taken yet! D:) – Eh. This one no. No time, no money. More of the latter, really, HAHA. This year, perhaps? :D
- Get my ass over to at least one board game meetup – CHECK. Went to more than one, in fact!
- Attend at least one cooking class – CHECK. Also went to more than one!
- Attend at least one baking class – Oh damn. I forgot about this! >_>
- Learn a new instrument – CHECK. Bought and learnt to play the ocarina ;D
- Improve my Japanese by setting by a blog to translate articles, at least once a week (how’s that for specificity huh?) – CHECK-ish. I didn’t set up a blog, but I did become a paid translator, so I guess it counts!
- Think less. Just do. – CHECK. Blogged a lot more in 2014!
I did pretty good, right?! Just say yes.
- Get Japanese driver’s license for real -_-
- Another leftover from last year: Attend at least one baking class
- Explore more of Japan – at least visit a couple of new prefectures. For the sake of specificity, I’ll say… at least 3?
- Blog at least twice a week (ha! I’m gonna kill myself trying to keep this up the entire year, but here goes nothing!)
- Make friends. Been here 2 years and never did try to seriously make friends. It’s delayed, but never too late!
When I told Fu no. 5 has been on my mind for some time, Fu asked me why I must wait till the start of a new year to make new resolutions. I told him it was because I already I had goals from 2014 that I haven’t completed.
But actually… he raised a good point. As long as it’s in the same year, I should be able to add on more if I want, regardless of whether or not the rest have been fulfilled! So I’m starting this year’s list small and adding on along the way (if necessary)!